6 October 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Saltford Hall, Wedmore Rd, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3BY
Bringing fair trade to a fair trade village
When we brought our first World Textile Day West to Saltford in 2014, we had no idea what a great venue we’d found. Our hosts the Saltford Community Association couldn’t be more enthusiastic. And as a bonus, Saltford prides itself in being a ‘fair trade village’ – a perfect fit for our fair trade ethos. Here are some pics from World Textile Day West in 2017.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day West
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Bob Irwin – author, collector, textile and bead trader. Beauty and the Bead: Community Bead Making in West Africa.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door
- Our specialist world textiles traders
- Disabled access
- Free parking
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day West 2018
Delicious refreshments from the Saltford Community Association
- Once again we’ll have delicious refreshments throughout the day, courtesy of our hosts the Saltford Community Association.
- Feast on the best bacon butties in the world, plus glorious cakes galore.
- All proceeds will support the Saltford Community Association, which is a registered charity.
- Saltford Hall, Wedmore Rd, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3BY. Tel: 01225 874081
- Link to venue: www.saltfordhall.co.uk
- Station – Keynsham
- From Bristol Temple Meads to Keynsham – 8 minutes
- From Bath to Keynsham – 10 minutes
- 20 minute bus journey from Keynsham station to venue
- From Bristol via A4 – 30 minutes
- From Bath via A4 – 30 minutes
- Link: Saltford Hall