14 April 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Ave, East Horsley, Leatherhead, Surry, KT24 6QT
Our NEW VENUE : Easily accessible from London
Finding a suitable venue to bring World Textile Day to our textile hungry fans in the south east hasn’t been easy.
That said, East Horsley Village Hall looks perfect!
As it’s our first event there, we don’t have any archive pix, so here are some from our excellent World Textile Day South last year in Wickham, Hampshire. And don’t worry Wickham – we’ll be back in 2019!
What you’ll find at World Textile Day South East
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. John Gillow – author of Textiles of the Islamic World, among others. Kantha Quilts of Bengal.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Delicious refreshments.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking near by.
- Station: 5 minute walk from Horsley station, direct trains from Waterloo. Additional parking on Station Approach is free on Saturdays.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day South East 2018
Venue info: www.easthorsleyvillagehall.co.uk