14 April 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Ave, East Horsley, Leatherhead, Surry, KT24 6QT
Our NEW VENUE : Easily accessible from London
Finding a suitable venue to bring World Textile Day to our textile hungry fans in the south east hasn’t been easy.
That said, East Horsley Village Hall looks perfect!
As it’s our first event there, we don’t have any archive pix, so here are some from our excellent World Textile Day South last year in Wickham, Hampshire. And don’t worry Wickham – we’ll be back in 2019!
What you’ll find at World Textile Day South East
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. John Gillow – author of Textiles of the Islamic World, among others. Kantha Quilts of Bengal.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door
- Our specialist world textiles traders
- Disabled access
- Free parking near by
- 5 minute walk to Station Approach and additional parking, free on Saturdays.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day South East 2018
Delicious on-site refreshments from the Quaich Cafe
- Delicious refreshments provided all day long by the highly acclaimed local Quaich Cafe
- Rated 5/5 for its food by TripAdvisor
- Come hungry!
- East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Ave, East Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT24 6QT. Tel: 01483 385019
- Link to venue: www.easthorsleyvillagehall.co.uk
- Station – Horsley
- From London Waterloo – direct trains, 45 minutes
- 5 minute walk from Horsley station to venue
- Train times and booking info: www.southwesternrailway.com
- From M25, Junction 10 – 15 minutes
- From Leatherhead – 15 minutes