3 September 2022, 10 am – 4 pm
Minerva Arts Centre, High St, Llanidloes, SY18 6BY
FREE ENTRY to our exhibition and sale of fair trade textiles
It all started here and we love coming back to friendly, artistic, laid-back Llanny. This year we’ll have our entertaining and informative talks and onsite catering back, so don’t miss a great textile day out. Here are some pics from previous World Textile Days in Llanidloes.
11 am : main talk
East to West: Textile Treasures of the Great Silk Road
Presented by Angela and Jane Thompson, who bring many decades of textile travel, experience and stories to entertain and inform us.
£5. Tickets on the door.
2 pm : 2 short talks
The Social Life of Sashiko: Going Online Worldwide
Presented by Susan Briscoe, expert collector of Japanese kimono and textiles.
Talk title and speaker to be confirmed
£3 for both talks. Tickets on the door.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the worldlus
- Textile Traders
- African Fabric Shop
- Susan Briscoe Designs
- The Running Stitches
- Sasha Kagan
- Silk Road – Anne Hildyard
Plus: delicious onsite catering and refreshments all day
Special guests: The Braid Society
View/print PDF document: World Textile Days 2022
- Minerva Arts Centre, High St, Llanidloes, SY18 6BY. Tel: 01686 413467
- Link to venue: www.quilt.org.uk
- Disabled access
- Free parking near by
- Station – Caersws
- 14 minute bus journey from Caersws station to venue
- From Shrewsbury – 1 hour, 20 minutes
- From Liverpool – 2 hours, 20 minutes
- From Manchester – 3 hours
- From Birmingham – 2 hours, 20 minutes