8 October 2022, 10 am – 4 pm
Brockenhurst Hall, Highwood Rd, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7RY
FREE ENTRY to our exhibition and sale of fair trade textiles
Last year – despite the COVID restrictions in place – the textile enthusiasts of Hampshire, the New Forest and even Wiltshire gave us a hearty welcome in this textile friendly venue. Several folk even came from London! 2022 will be even better – with our entertaining and informative talks and delicious catering back on the agenda. To get you in the mood, here are some pix from previous World Textile Days.
11 am : main talk
From Java to West Africa: Travelling Textiles
Presented by Diane Gaffney of Textile Traders and Magie Relph of The African Fabric Shop. Di and Magie have been travelling, collecting, buying and selling textiles since the 1980s. They really know their stuff.
£5. Tickets on the door.
2 pm : 2 short talks
Textile Trappings of India and Central Asia
Gaynor Williams will entertain you with some very unusual and interesting textiles from her collection.
Textiles sans Frontières
John and Joan Fisher take you on an enthralling journey to the Arabian peninsula, where creating and trading textiles has shaped history. Fascinating and inspiring.
£3 for both talks. Tickets on the door.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- Textile Traders
- African Fabric Shop
- Susan Briscoe Designs
- Khayamiya Egyptian Wallhangings
- The Running Stitches
- Tweed Indeed
- Ruth Smith
- Gaynor Williams
Plus: delicious onsite catering all day
View/print PDF document: World Textile Days 2022
- Brockenhurst Hall, Highwood Road, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7RY. Tel: 01590 622580
- Link to venue: http://brockenhurstvillage.org.uk
- Disabled access
- Free parking
- Station – Brockenhurst
- From Southampton – 20 minutes
- From Portsmouth – 80 minutes
- From Bournemouth – 20 minutes
- From Salisbury – 80 minutes
- From Southampton – 30 minutes
- From Portsmouth – 60 minutes
- From Bournemouth – 40 minutes
- From Salisbury – 60 minutes
- Link: Brockenhurst Hall