27 August 2022, 10 am – 4 pm
Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7QN
FREE ENTRY to our exhibition and sale of fair trade textiles
After our COVID restricted day last year, we’re all anticipating a great return to this popular textile venue in Frodsham. Our informative and entertaining talks – plus onsite catering – are back on the agenda. Very easy to get to from Manchester, Liverpool, the Wirral and north Wales. Check out some photos from previous years.
11 am : main talk
Free Movement for Textiles
Presented by Jim Gaffney of Textile Traders. Jim has been travelling, collecting, buying and selling textiles from across Asia since the 1980s. So if anybody knows how textiles and their artisan makers help link us all together, it’s Jim. Let’s keep those textiles moving – crossing borders!
£5. Tickets on the door.
2 pm : 2 short talks
The Social Life of Sashiko: Going Online Worldwide
With Susan Briscoe, expert collector of Japanese kimono and textiles.
Beads Across Borders
Bob Irwin of The African Fabric Shop follows the fascinating trail of West Africa’s bead trade – both historical and contemporary.
£3 for both talks. Tickets on the door.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- Textile Traders
- African Fabric Shop
- Susan Briscoe Designs
- Handmade Nepal – Karen Haggis with her wonderful array of Nepalese textiles
- Janice Gunner – award-winning textile artist, quilter and author
Special guests: The Braid Society
Plus: delicious onsite catering and refreshments all day
View/print PDF document: World Textile Days 2022
- Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7QN. Tel: 01928 732 222
- Link to venue: http://frodcomm.org.uk/cc/
- Disabled access
- Free parking
- Station – Frodsham
- From Manchester to Frodsham – 50 minutes
- From Liverpool to Frodsham – 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 15 minute walk from Frodsham station to venue
- From Manchester via M56 – 50 minutes
- From Liverpool – 45 minutes