9 April 2022, 10 am – 4 pm
Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards St, Mundford, near Thetford, IP26 5DW
FREE ENTRY to our exhibition and sale of fair trade textiles
We’re really looking forward to bringing a full-on World Textile Day back to one of our original venues. So bring it all on – especially our much-missed entertaining and informative talks. And to help keep your strength up – delicious snacks and goodies available onsite throughout the day. Mark your calendar now for another great World Textile Day in Mundford. To get in the mood, here are a few images past events.
In light of the latest COVID numbers, can we ask you a favour, please? Though the government has made masks a thing of the past, as a courtesy to others we would prefer that you wear a mask during the talks where it may not be possible to distance yourself from your neighbour. Thanks for understanding.
11 am : main talk
From Java to West Africa: Travelling Textiles
Presented by Diane Gaffney of Textile Traders and Magie Relph of The African Fabric Shop. Di and Magie have been travelling, collecting, buying and selling textiles since the 1980s. They really know their stuff.
£5. Tickets on the door.
2 pm : 2 short talks
The Frontier: Costume from North West Pakistan
John Gillow – world textiles expert, collector and author – will regale you tales of his travels and discoveries. Education with a punchline. Always a treat.
Textiles sans Frontières
John and Joan Fisher take you on an enthralling journey to the Arabian peninsula, where creating and trading textiles has shaped history. Fascinating and inspiring.
£3 for both talks. Tickets on the door.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- Textile Traders
- African Fabric Shop
- Susan Briscoe Designs
- John Gillow
- Khayamiya Egyptian Wallhangings
- Janice Gunner – textile artist, quilter and author
- Jane Ironside
Plus: delicious onsite catering and refreshments all day
View/print PDF document: World Textile Days 2022
- Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards St, Mundford, near Thetford, IP26 5DW. Tel: 01786 835155
- Link to venue: www.mundfordvillagehall.org.uk
- Disabled access
- Free parking
- Stations – Thetford and Brandon
- From Cambridge to Thetford – 45 minutes
- From Norwich to Thetford – 35 minutes
- From London Kings Cross to Thetford – 1 hour, 50 minutes
- From Cambridge to Brandon – 45 minutes
- From Norwich to Brandon – 45 minutes
- From London Kings Cross to Brandon – 1 hour, 30 minutes
- From Cambridge via A14 and A11 – 60 minutes
- From Norwich via A11 and A34 – 55 minutes
- From London via M11 and A11 – 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Link: Mundford Village Hall