5 October 2019, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Saltford Hall, Wedmore Rd, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3BY
Our 2019 theme: Inspired to Create – with special guest artist Isabella Whitworth
Our last World Textile Day of the year in Saltford is always a great day out for us, for our enthusiastic visitors and for our fantastic hosts at Saltford Hall.
This year, the highlight of the day will be an exhibition and presentation by natural dyeing expert and artist Isabella Whitworth. Thirty years ago, exploring Indonesia and India, her hand went into the dye pot – where it’s stayed ever since!
Don’t miss World Textile Day West in Saltford, just outside of Bristol.
Bringing fair trade to a fair trade village
When we brought our first World Textile Day West to Saltford in 2014, we had no idea what a great venue we’d found. Our hosts the Saltford Community Association couldn’t be more enthusiastic. And as a bonus, Saltford prides itself in being a ‘fair trade village’ – a perfect fit for our fair trade ethos. Here are some pics from World Textile Day West in Saltford.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day West 2019
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION: Deeper than Dyeing with Isabella Whitworth – natural dyeing artist, historical dyes expert, teacher and lecturer.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK by one of our world textiles experts. Plus – for a bit of fun – WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day West 2019
Delicious refreshments from the Saltford Community Association
- Once again we’ll have delicious refreshments throughout the day, courtesy of our hosts the Saltford Community Association.
- Feast on the best bacon butties in the world, plus glorious cakes galore.
- All proceeds will support the Saltford Community Association, which is a registered charity.
- Saltford Hall, Wedmore Rd, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3BY. Tel: 01225 874081
- Link to venue: www.saltfordhall.co.uk
- Station – Keynsham
- From Bristol Temple Meads to Keynsham – 8 minutes
- From Bath to Keynsham – 10 minutes
- 20 minute bus journey from Keynsham station to venue
- From Bristol via A4 – 30 minutes
- From Bath via A4 – 30 minutes
- Link: Saltford Hall