13 April 2019, 10 am – 4.30 pm
East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Ave, East Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT24 6QT
Our 2019 theme: Inspired to Create – with special guest artist Jennifer Hughes
Back for our 2nd great year in East Horsley!
The highlight of World Textile Day South East will be an exhibition and presentation by Asian textiles expert Jennifer Hughes. Jennifer will show and discuss pieces from her magnificent collection, gathered over many years of inspirational travel and exploration.
Don’t miss World Textile Day South East in East Horsley – easily accessible from London. We had such a great time there last year, we just had to come back. To whet your appetite, here are some pix from last year.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day South East 2019
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION: Talking Textiles with Jennifer Hughes – Asian textiles expert and collector, teacher, embroiderer, weaver and dyer.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK – Dyeing to Create – by internationally acclaimed shibori and indigo expert Jane Callender. Plus – for a bit of fun – WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking near by.
- 5 minute walk to Station Approach and additional parking, free on Saturdays.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day South East 2019
Delicious on-site refreshments from the Quaich Cafe
- Delicious refreshments provided all day long by the highly acclaimed local Quaich Cafe
- Rated 5/5 for its food by TripAdvisor
- Come hungry!
- East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Ave, East Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT24 6QT. Tel: 01483 385019
- Link to venue: www.easthorsleyvillagehall.co.uk
- Station – Horsley
- From London Waterloo – direct trains, 45 minutes
- 5 minute walk from Horsley station to venue
- Train times and booking info: www.southwesternrailway.com
- From M25, Junction 10 – 15 minutes
- From Leatherhead – 15 minutes