15 June 2019, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Bridge of Allan Parish Church of Scotland, 12 Keir St, Bridge of Allan, FK9 4NW
Celebrate our 7th World Textile Day in Bridge of Allan – amazing!
Our 2019 theme: Inspired to Create – with special guest artist Pat Archibald
We just love coming to Scotland. And judging by the fortitude of last year’s crowd braving the torrential rain that lasted all day, you love us coming.
This year, the highlight of the day will be an exhibition and presentation by award-winning Scottish textile artist Pat Archibald. As an artist and teacher, for Pat creating is both a metaphorical and a physical journey. Join her!
Don’t miss World Textile Day Scotland in Bridge of Allan. Here are some pix of previous outings there. Enjoy!
What you’ll find at World Textile Day Scotland 2019
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION: From Trash to Treasure with Pat Archibald – internationally acclaimed textile artist, quilter and teacher.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK by one of our world textiles experts. Plus – for a bit of fun – WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door
- Our specialist world textiles traders
- Delicious refreshments served all day long by the local WI – come hungry!
- Disabled access
- Free parking near by
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day Scotland 2019
Delicious refreshments from the WI
- We’ll have delicious refreshments throughout the day, courtesy of volunteers from the local Women’s Institute
- Come hungry!
- All proceeds will support the WI, which is a registered charity.
- Bridge of Allan Parish Church of Scotland, 12 Keir St, Bridge of Allan, FK9 4NW. Tel: 01786 835155
- Link to venue: www.bridgeofallanparishchurch.org.uk
- Station – Bridge of Allan
- From Edinburgh – 45 minutes
- From Glasgow – 40-60 minutes
- From Inverness – 2 hours, 45 minutes
- 10 minute walk from Bridge of Allan station to venue
- From Edinburgh via M9 – 60 minutes
- From Glasgow via M80 – 40 minutes
- From Inverness via A9 – 1 hour, 45 minutes