16 June 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Bridge of Allan Parish Church of Scotland, 12 Keir St, Bridge of Allan, FK9 4NW
Celebrate our 6th World Textile Day in Bridge of Allan
You can say this about Scottish textile lovers: they really do go the extra mile, with visitors coming all the way from the Borders, Aberdeen and Inverness to ogle our array of textile treasures. In 2018 we’ll be back at our great venue in Bridge of Allan for the 6th year – astounding! Here are some pics of World Textile Day Scotland 2017.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day Scotland
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Diane Gaffney – textile trader, collector and traveller. Many Hands Make Light Work: Incredible Handmade Asian Textiles.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door
- Our specialist world textiles traders
- Delicious refreshments served all day long by the local WI – come hungry!
- Disabled access
- Free parking near by
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day Scotland 2018
Delicious refreshments from the WI
- We’ll have delicious refreshments throughout the day, courtesy of volunteers from the local Women’s Institute
- Come hungry!
- All proceeds will support the WI, which is a registered charity.
- Bridge of Allan Parish Church of Scotlan, 12 Keir St, Bridge of Allan, FK9 4NW. Tel: 01786 835155
- Link to venue: www.bridgeofallanparishchurch.org.uk
- Station – Bridge of Allan
- From Edinburgh – 45 minutes
- From Glasgow – 40-60 minutes
- From Inverness – 2 hours, 45 minutes
- 10 minute walk from Bridge of Allan station to venue
- From Edinburgh via M9 – 60 minutes
- From Glasgow via M80 – 40 minutes
- From Inverness via A9 – 1 hour, 45 minutes