29 September 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7QN
Returning to a great community venue
Our welcome in Frodsham last year was astounding: so many people, so many friends, so many textile enthusiasts! This is a great community venue, well-known to many textile groups from quilters and embroiderers to spinners, weaver and dyers – plus the Braid Society. Here are some pics from World Textile Day North in 2017.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day North
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Jim Gaffney – textile trader, collector and traveller. Many Hands Make Light Work: Incredible Handmade Asian Textiles.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door
- Our specialist world textiles traders
- Disabled access
- Free parking
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day North 2018
Delicious refreshments from the Frodsham Community Association
- Once again we’ll have delicious savories and cakes all day long, courtesy of our wonderful hosts from the Frodsham Community Association.
- These ladies really know how to bake, so come hungry!
- All proceeds will support the Frodsham Community Association, which is a registered charity.
- Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7QN. Tel: 01928 732 222
- Link to venue: http://frodcomm.org.uk/cc/
- Station – Frodsham
- From Manchester to Frodsham – 50 minutes
- From Liverpool to Frodsham – 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 15 minute walk from Frodsham station to venue
- From Manchester via M56 – 50 minutes
- From Liverpool – 45 minutes