28 September 2019, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7QN
Our 2019 theme: Inspired to Create – with special guest artist Janice Gunner
The highlight of World Textile Day North will be an exhibition and presentation by award-winning textile artist Janice Gunner. Follow Janice’s creative journey as she finds inspiration in world textiles – from Nigerian adire cloth to Japanese shibori.
Don’t miss World Textile Day North in Frodsham – so easy to get to from Manchester, Liverpool, the Wirral and north Wales. See you there.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day North 2019
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION: Adire v Shibori with Janice Gunner – internationally acclaimed textile artist, quilter, teacher and author.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK by one of our world textiles experts. Plus – for a bit of fun – WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Delicious refreshments served all day long.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day North 2019
- Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7QN. Tel: 01928 732 222
- Link to venue: http://frodcomm.org.uk/cc/
- Station – Frodsham
- From Manchester to Frodsham – 50 minutes
- From Liverpool to Frodsham – 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 15 minute walk from Frodsham station to venue
- From Manchester via M56 – 50 minutes
- From Liverpool – 45 minutes