8 September 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards St, Mundford, near Thetford, IP26 5DW
Back to our roots in Norfolk
The very idea of World Textile Day was hatched in Norfolk when Magie Relph and Bob Irwin took the African Fabric Shop ‘on safari’ there back in 2005. As more world textiles experts joined the team, we outgrew our first home in Mileham and found the perfect alternative in Mundford. We always get a great welcome there. Join us and and our SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS Sue and David Richardson. Here are some pics from World Textile Day East in 2017.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day East
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Sue and David Richardson – experts in Asian textiles. The Ikat Weaving of Sumba: A Co-operative Venture.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door
- Our specialist world textiles traders
- Disabled access
- Free parking
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day East 2018
Delicious refreshments from Alveva Quilters
- Once again we’ll have delicious savories and cakes all day long, courtesy of the enthusiastic volunteers from Alveva Quilters.
- Come hungry – leave satisfied!
- Tip: don’t miss those sausage rolls!
- All proceeds will support the activities of Alveva Quilters.
- Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards St, Mundford, near Thetford, IP26 5DW. Tel: 01786 835155
- Link to venue: www.mundfordvillagehall.org.uk
- Stations – Thetford and Brandon
- From Cambridge to Thetford – 45 minutes
- From Norwich to Thetford – 35 minutes
- From London Kings Cross to Thetford – 1 hour, 50 minutes
- From Cambridge to Brandon – 45 minutes
- From Norwich to Brandon – 45 minutes
- From London Kings Cross to Brandon – 1 hour, 30 minutes
- From Cambridge via A14 and A11 – 60 minutes
- From Norwich via A11 and A34 – 55 minutes
- From London via M11 and A11 – 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Link: Mundford Village Hall