2 June 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
King’s Sutton Millenium Memorial Hall, Astrop Rd, King’s Sutton, Banbury, OX17 3PG
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER Chris Spring from the British Museum
Arriving in King’s Sutton two years ago, how could we have known that Oxfordshire would turn out to be such hotbed of world textile fans? In 2018 World Textile Day Central is shaping up to be really something. Focusing on our theme Working Together, our SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER will be Chris Spring, curator of the British Museum’s Africa collection. To get you in the mood, here are some pics of last year’s event.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day Central
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Chris Spring – author, artist and curator of the British Museum’s Africa collection. Social Fabric: Textiles and Teamwork in East and Southern Africa.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Delicious refreshments all day.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
- Station: King’s Sutton.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day Central 2018
Venue info: www.kingssuttonhall.co.uk