2 October 2021, 10 am – 4 pm
Saltford Hall, Wedmore Rd, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3BY
FREE ENTRY to exhibition and sale of fair trade textiles
Our 2021 theme: Crossing Borders | Expert guest speaker to be confirmed
This was our only World Textile Day last year and we saw a good number of people, despite the restrictions. Our hosts Saltford Community Association did brilliant job helping us make the venue as safe as possible.
In 2021 we’re planning a full programme including guest speaker, exhibits and our expert world textiles traders.
However – with COVID safety at the top of our agenda – we all have to be flexible. Official restrictions and common sense will determine the exact programme closer to the day. Please check here before leaving for the venue.
Bringing fair trade to a fair trade village
When we brought our first World Textile Day West to Saltford in 2014, we had no idea what a great venue we’d found. Our hosts the Saltford Community Association couldn’t be more enthusiastic. And as a bonus, Saltford prides itself in being a ‘fair trade village’ – a perfect fit for our fair trade ethos. Here are some pics from World Textile Day West in Saltford.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day West
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- Expert guest speaker: to be confirmed. We hope this will be possible within COVID safety guidelines.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Delicious refreshments served all day long.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Days 2021
Delicious refreshments from the Saltford Community Association
- Once again we’ll have delicious refreshments throughout the day, courtesy of our hosts the Saltford Community Association.
- Feast on the best bacon butties in the world, plus glorious cakes galore.
- All proceeds will support the Saltford Community Association, which is a registered charity.
- Saltford Hall, Wedmore Rd, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3BY. Tel: 01225 874081
- Link to venue: www.saltfordhall.co.uk
- Station – Keynsham
- From Bristol Temple Meads to Keynsham – 8 minutes
- From Bath to Keynsham – 10 minutes
- 20 minute bus journey from Keynsham station to venue
- From Bristol via A4 – 30 minutes
- From Bath via A4 – 30 minutes
- Link: Saltford Hall