22 May 2021, 10 am – 4 pm
Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards St, Mundford, near Thetford, IP26 5DW
FREE ENTRY to exhibition and sale of fair trade textiles
Our 2021 theme: Crossing Borders | Expert guest speaker to be confirmed
Norfolk holds a special place in our hearts when it comes to World Textile Day. ‘Why’s that,’ you wonder. Well, before our World Textile Days really took off, Magie and Bob used to take the African Fabric Shop ‘on safari’ to Norfolk. We always had a blast and even made the local press a few times.
We’re planning a full programme including guest speaker, exhibits and our expert world textiles traders.
However – with COVID safety at the top of our agenda – we all have to be flexible. Official restrictions and common sense will determine the exact programme closer to the day. Please check here before leaving for the venue.
Don’t miss World Textile Day East in Mundford. See you there!
What you’ll find at World Textile Day East
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- Expert guest speaker: to be confirmed. We hope this will be possible within COVID safety guidelines.
- Our specialist world textiles traders
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Days 2021
Delicious refreshments from Alveva Quilters
- Once again we’ll have delicious savories and cakes all day long, courtesy of the enthusiastic volunteers from Alveva Quilters.
- Come hungry – leave satisfied!
- Tip: don’t miss those sausage rolls!
- All proceeds will support the activities of Alveva Quilters.
- Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards St, Mundford, near Thetford, IP26 5DW. Tel: 01786 835155
- Link to venue: www.mundfordvillagehall.org.uk
- Stations – Thetford and Brandon
- From Cambridge to Thetford – 45 minutes
- From Norwich to Thetford – 35 minutes
- From London Kings Cross to Thetford – 1 hour, 50 minutes
- From Cambridge to Brandon – 45 minutes
- From Norwich to Brandon – 45 minutes
- From London Kings Cross to Brandon – 1 hour, 30 minutes
- From Cambridge via A14 and A11 – 60 minutes
- From Norwich via A11 and A34 – 55 minutes
- From London via M11 and A11 – 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Link: Mundford Village Hall