3 October 2020, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Saltford Hall, Wedmore Rd, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3BY
Our 2020 theme: Crossing Borders – with special guest speakers Diane Gaffney and Magie Relph
Our World Textile Days in Saltford are always a great day out for us, for our enthusiastic visitors and for our fantastic hosts at Saltford Hall.
The highlight of World Textile Day West will be a presentation by Diane Gaffney and Magie Relph. They’ve both been tramping around Asia and Africa respectively for over 30 years researching and collecting textiles. For this new talk, Diane and Magie will take you on a journey from Java to West Africa tracing the connections between traditional batik and African wax print. Enlightening and fun. Plus, you might even spot a Javanese or African batik that you just can’t live without!
Don’t miss World Textile Day West in Saltford, just outside of Bristol.
Bringing fair trade to a fair trade village
When we brought our first World Textile Day West to Saltford in 2014, we had no idea what a great venue we’d found. Our hosts the Saltford Community Association couldn’t be more enthusiastic. And as a bonus, Saltford prides itself in being a ‘fair trade village’ – a perfect fit for our fair trade ethos. Here are some pics from World Textile Day West in Saltford.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day West 2020
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. From Java to West Africa: A journey from batik to wax print with Diane Gaffney and Magie Relph – textile collectors and traders.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK. Textiles of the Afghan Frontier by internationally known textile collector and author John Gillow. Plus – for a bit of fun – TEXTILE WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day West 2020
Delicious refreshments from the Saltford Community Association
- Once again we’ll have delicious refreshments throughout the day, courtesy of our hosts the Saltford Community Association.
- Feast on the best bacon butties in the world, plus glorious cakes galore.
- All proceeds will support the Saltford Community Association, which is a registered charity.
- Saltford Hall, Wedmore Rd, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3BY. Tel: 01225 874081
- Link to venue: www.saltfordhall.co.uk
- Station – Keynsham
- From Bristol Temple Meads to Keynsham – 8 minutes
- From Bath to Keynsham – 10 minutes
- 20 minute bus journey from Keynsham station to venue
- From Bristol via A4 – 30 minutes
- From Bath via A4 – 30 minutes
- Link: Saltford Hall