28 March 2020, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Minerva Arts Centre, High St, Llanidloes, SY18 6BY
Our 2020 theme: Crossing Borders – with special guest speaker Angela Thompson
The highlight among highlights of our 12th World Textile Day in Llanidloes will be a presentation by Angela Thompson. Angela’s textile credentials are truly inspiring. An inveterate traveller and collector, she’s written seven textile related books and lectures extensively. Not only is Angela informative – she tells a great yarn, as well!
Don’t miss World Textile Day Wales in friendly, artistic, laid-back Llanidloes. Great town, great venue and great hosts – the Quilt Association of Wales, who just happen to make great cakes. Here are some pics from previous World Textile Days in Llanidloes.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day Wales 2020
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. East to West: Textile Treasures of the Great Silk Road with Angela Thompson – textile collector, author and lecturer.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK by Bob Irwin – African bead trader. Plus – for a bit of fun – TEXTILE WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- FREE braiding demonstration with the Braid Society.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking near by.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day Wales 2020
Delicious refreshments from the Quilt Association of Wales
- Once again we’ll have delicious refreshments throughout the day, courtesy of Doreen and her team of volunteers from the Quilt Association.
- These ladies really know how to bake, so come hungry!
- All proceeds will support the Quilt Association, which is a registered charity.
- Minerva Arts Centre, High St, Llanidloes, SY18 6BY. Tel: 01686 413467
- Link to venue: www.quilt.org.uk
- Station – Caersws
- 14 minute bus journey from Caersws station to venue
- From Shrewsbury – 1 hour, 20 minutes
- From Liverpool – 2 hours, 20 minutes
- From Manchester – 3 hours
- From Birmingham – 2 hours, 20 minutes