Originally scheduled for 4 April 2020, 10 am – 4 pm
East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Ave, East Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT24 6QT
Our 2020 theme: Crossing Borders – with special guest speakers Jennifer and Ian Rutherford
Back for our 3nd great year in East Horsley!
The highlight of World Textile Day South East will be a presentation of Palestinian costume and textiles by Jennifer and Ian Rutherford. Jeni and Ian have lived and worked in Palestine and really know and love their subject. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to examine their magnificent collection close up!
World Textile Day South East in East Horsley is easily accessible from London. We had such a great time there last year, we just had to come back. To whet your appetite, here are some pix from previous years.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day South East 2020
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Costume and Textiles of Palestine with Jennifer and Ian Rutherford.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK. Textiles of the Afghan Frontier by internationally known textile collector and author John Gillow. Plus – for a bit of fun – TEXTILE WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking near by.
- 5 minute walk to Station Approach and additional parking, free on Saturdays.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day South East 2020
Delicious on-site refreshments from the Quaich Cafe
- Delicious refreshments provided all day long by the highly acclaimed local Quaich Cafe
- Rated 5/5 for its food by TripAdvisor
- Come hungry!
- East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Ave, East Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT24 6QT. Tel: 01483 385019
- Link to venue: www.easthorsleyvillagehall.co.uk
- Station – Horsley
- From London Waterloo – direct trains, 45 minutes
- 5 minute walk from Horsley station to venue
- Train times and booking info: www.southwesternrailway.com
- From M25, Junction 10 – 15 minutes
- From Leatherhead – 15 minutes