Originally scheduled for 13 June 2020, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Bridge of Allan Parish Church of Scotland, 12 Keir St, Bridge of Allan, FK9 4NW
Celebrate our 8th World Textile Day in Bridge of Allan – amazing!
Our 2020 theme: Crossing Borders – with special guest speaker Jim Gaffney
We just love coming to Scotland. And judging by the great turnouts we’ve had there over the years, you love us coming.
This year, the highlight of the day will be a presentation Asian textile expert and collector Jim Gaffney of Textile Traders. Jim has been researching and collecting textiles across Asia from Turkey to Indonesia for over 30 years. His collections and his knowledge are truly amazing!
Don’t miss World Textile Day Scotland in Bridge of Allan. Here are some pix of previous outings there. Enjoy!
What you’ll find at World Textile Day Scotland 2020
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Freedom of Movement for Textiles with Jim Gaffney – Asian textile collector and trader.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK. Beads without Borders by Bob Irwin – African bead trader. Plus – for a bit of fun – TEXTILE WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door
- Our specialist world textiles traders
- Delicious refreshments served all day long by the local WI – come hungry!
- Disabled access
- Free parking near by
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day Scotland 2020
Delicious refreshments from the WI
- We’ll have delicious refreshments throughout the day, courtesy of volunteers from the local Women’s Institute
- Come hungry!
- All proceeds will support the WI, which is a registered charity.
- Bridge of Allan Parish Church of Scotland, 12 Keir St, Bridge of Allan, FK9 4NW. Tel: 01786 835155
- Link to venue: www.bridgeofallanparishchurch.org.uk
- Station – Bridge of Allan
- From Edinburgh – 45 minutes
- From Glasgow – 40-60 minutes
- From Inverness – 2 hours, 45 minutes
- 10 minute walk from Bridge of Allan station to venue
- From Edinburgh via M9 – 60 minutes
- From Glasgow via M80 – 40 minutes
- From Inverness via A9 – 1 hour, 45 minutes