10 October 2020, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7QN
Our 2020 theme: Crossing Borders – with special guest speakers Diane Gaffney and Magie Relph
The highlight of World Textile Day North will be a presentation by Diane Gaffney and Magie Relph. They’ve both been tramping around Asia and Africa respectively for over 30 years researching and collecting textiles. For this new talk, Diane and Magie will take you on a journey from Java to West Africa tracing the connections between traditional batik and African wax print. Enlightening and fun. Plus, you might even spot a Javanese or African batik that you just can’t live without!
Don’t miss World Textile Day North in Frodsham – so easy to get to from Manchester, Liverpool, the Wirral and north Wales. See you there.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day North 2020
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. From Java to West Africa: A journey from batik to wax print with Diane Gaffney and Magie Relph – textile collectors and traders.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK. Stitch without Borders: sashiko goes global by quilter and author Susan Briscoe. Plus – for a bit of fun – TEXTILE WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Delicious refreshments served all day long.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day North 2020
- Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 7QN. Tel: 01928 732 222
- Link to venue: http://frodcomm.org.uk/cc/
- Station – Frodsham
- From Manchester to Frodsham – 50 minutes
- From Liverpool to Frodsham – 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 15 minute walk from Frodsham station to venue
- From Manchester via M56 – 50 minutes
- From Liverpool – 45 minutes