Originally scheduled for 5 September 2020, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards St, Mundford, near Thetford, IP26 5DW
Our 2020 theme: Crossing Borders – with special guest speaker Jennifer Hughes
Norfolk holds a special place in our hearts when it comes to World Textile Day. ‘Why’s that,’ you wonder. Well, before our World Textile Days really took off, Magie and Bob used to take the African Fabric Shop ‘on safari’ to Norfolk. We always had a blast and even made the local press a few times.
This year, the highlight of the day will be a presentation by Jennifer Hughes. Jennifer has been studying ikat weaving for over 20 years. She’ll explain it’s processes, importance, status and spread across Asia. Truly compelling!
Don’t miss World Textile Day East in Mundford. See you there!
What you’ll find at World Textile Day East 2020
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Ikats of the Orient with Jennifer Hughes – textile collector, teacher, embroiderer, weaver and dyer.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK. Freedom of Movement for Textiles by Jim Gaffney – Asian textile expert, collector and trader. Plus – for a bit of fun – TEXTILE WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day East 2020
Delicious refreshments from Alveva Quilters
- Once again we’ll have delicious savories and cakes all day long, courtesy of the enthusiastic volunteers from Alveva Quilters.
- Come hungry – leave satisfied!
- Tip: don’t miss those sausage rolls!
- All proceeds will support the activities of Alveva Quilters.
- Mundford Village Hall, St Leonards St, Mundford, near Thetford, IP26 5DW. Tel: 01786 835155
- Link to venue: www.mundfordvillagehall.org.uk
- Stations – Thetford and Brandon
- From Cambridge to Thetford – 45 minutes
- From Norwich to Thetford – 35 minutes
- From London Kings Cross to Thetford – 1 hour, 50 minutes
- From Cambridge to Brandon – 45 minutes
- From Norwich to Brandon – 45 minutes
- From London Kings Cross to Brandon – 1 hour, 30 minutes
- From Cambridge via A14 and A11 – 60 minutes
- From Norwich via A11 and A34 – 55 minutes
- From London via M11 and A11 – 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Link: Mundford Village Hall