23 March 2019, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Minerva Arts Centre, High St, Llanidloes, SY18 6BY
Our 2019 theme: Inspired to Create – with special guest artist Jacqui Carey
The highlight among highlights of our 11th World Textile Day in Llanidloes will be an exhibition and presentation by braiding expert Jacqui Carey. Jacqui draws creative inspiration from her meticulous research and exploration of historical stitch techniques.
More about Jacqui Carey: www.careycompany.com
Don’t miss World Textile Day Wales in friendly, artistic, laid-back Llanidloes. Great town, great venue and great hosts – the Quilt Association of Wales, who just happen to make great cakes. Here are some pics from previous World Textile Days in Llanidloes.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day Wales 2019
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION: Inspired by World Textiles with Jacqui Carey – Japanese kumihimo and medieval braiding expert and author.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK by one of our world textiles experts. Plus – for a bit of fun – WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- FREE weaving demonstration with Liz Beasley, expert in Chilean dyeing and weaving.
- FREE braiding demonstration with the Braid Society.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking near by.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day Wales 2019
Delicious refreshments from the Quilt Association of Wales
- Once again we’ll have delicious refreshments throughout the day, courtesy of Doreen and her team of volunteers from the Quilt Association.
- These ladies really know how to bake, so come hungry!
- All proceeds will support the Quilt Association, which is a registered charity.
- Minerva Arts Centre, High St, Llanidloes, SY18 6BY. Tel: 01686 413467
- Link to venue: www.quilt.org.uk
- Station – Caersws
- 14 minute bus journey from Caersws station to venue
- From Shrewsbury – 1 hour, 20 minutes
- From Liverpool – 2 hours, 20 minutes
- From Manchester – 3 hours
- From Birmingham – 2 hours, 20 minutes