17 March 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Minerva Arts Centre, High St, Llanidloes, SY18 6BY
Celebrate our 10th anniversary World Textile Day in Llanidloes
Hard to believe, but 2018 marks the 10th great year of World Textile Day. We’ve grown to seven venues since then, but our very first (dare we say favourite?) was in friendly, artistic, laid-back Llanidloes. Great town, great venue and great hosts – the Quilt Association of Wales, who just happen to make great cakes. Here are some pics of last year’s event.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day Wales
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Susan Briscoe – quilter, teacher and author. Hand to Hand: Japanese Sashiko.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door
- Our specialist world textiles traders
- Disabled access
- Free parking near by
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day Wales 2018
Delicious refreshments from the Quilt Association of Wales
- Once again we’ll have delicious refreshments throughout the day, courtesy of Doreen and her team of volunteers from the Quilt Association.
- These ladies really know how to bake, so come hungry!
- All proceeds will support the Quilt Association, which is a registered charity.
- Minerva Arts Centre, High St, Llanidloes, SY18 6BY. Tel: 01686 413467
- Link to venue: www.quilt.org.uk
- Station – Caersws
- 14 minute bus journey from Caersws station to venue
- From Shrewsbury – 1 hour, 20 minutes
- From Liverpool – 2 hours, 20 minutes
- From Manchester – 3 hours
- From Birmingham – 2 hours, 20 minutes