17 March 2018, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Minerva Arts Centre, High St, Llanidloes, SY18 6BY
Celebrate our 10th anniversary World Textile Day in Llanidloes
Hard to believe, but 2018 marks the 10th great year of World Textile Day. We’ve grown to seven venues since then, but our very first (dare we say favourite?) was in friendly, artistic, laid-back Llanidloes. Great town, great venue and great hosts – the Quilt Association of Wales, who just happen to make great cakes. Here are some pics of last year’s event.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day Wales
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION. Susan Briscoe – quilter, teacher and author. Hand to Hand: Japanese Sashiko.
- 2 pm A FAVOURITE TEXTILE. Our experts discuss one of their most treasured textiles. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Delicious refreshments provided by our hosts the Quilt Association of Wales.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking near by.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day Wales 2018
Venue info: www.quilt.org.uk