11 May 2019, 10 am – 4.30 pm
Wickham Centre, Mill Lane, Wickham, Hampshire, PO17 5AL
Our 2019 theme: Inspired to Create – with special guest artist Janice Gunner
They said, ‘Come back.’ So after a couple of years away, we’re bringing World Textile Day back to Wickaham. Brilliant!
The highlight of World Textile Day South will be an exhibition and presentation by award-winning textile artist Janice Gunner. Follow Janice’s creative journey as she finds inspiration in world textiles – from Nigerian adire cloth to Japanese shibori.
Don’t miss World Textile Day South in Wickham. It’s great to be back. To get you in the mood, here are some pix from previous years.
What you’ll find at World Textile Day South 2019
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles.
FAIR TRADE MARKET from makers, workshops and villages around the world
- 11 am PRESENTATION: Adire v Shibori with Janice Gunner – internationally acclaimed textile artist, quilter, teacher and author.
- 2 pm SHORT TALK by one of our world textiles experts. Plus – for a bit of fun – WEAR & TELL. You’re invited to wear and discuss your own world textile garment.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Our specialist world textiles traders.
- Delicious refreshments served all day long.
- Disabled access.
- Free parking.
View/print PDF document: World Textile Day South 2019
- Wickham Centre, Mill Lane, Wickham, Hampshire, PO17 5AL. Tel: 01329 833688
- Link to venue: www.wickhamcentre.co.uk
- Station – Fareham
- From Southampton – 30 minutes
- From Cosham, Portsmouth – 20 minutes
- From Salisbury – 60 minutes
- From M27, Junction 10 – 5 minutes
- From M3 and A4 – 15 minutes
- From London – 90 minutes
- Link: Wickham Centre